Digital’s part at returning GlassPrint
Published: 9 February 2023 | No comments yet
Samples on show at GlassPrint 2019
GlassPrint is to return this spring, with the programme at the next edition of the conference for the glass decoration industry to have a heavy digital presence.
Last taking place in 2019, this will be the ninth edition of the conference and tabletop exhibition that presents the latest decoration options for all types of glass. As well as an exhibition and networking, a two-day schedule of technical presentations will provide attendees with the latest trends and updates.
From the digital printing ecosystem, this year’s sessions will include:
- ‘Digital screen printing for flat glass – based on laser technology with ‘ordinary’ ceramic ink’ led by Haselsteiner;
- ‘Make your branding stick: Pre-treatment and digital printing considerations’, by Inkcups;
- ‘Hybrid: No limits in printing direct-to-shape’, delivered by Koenig & Bauer Kammann;
- ‘Direct-to-object printing’, by Marabu;
- ‘Establishing and maintaining inkjet print quality on glass’, by Meteor Inkjet;
- ‘Things to know about 360-degree print: Sustainability, personalisation, prototyping, differentiation’, by Modico/LSinc; and
- ‘Inkjet printing of functional materials in glass manufacturing’, by Notion Systems.
ESMA, the industry association that jointly organises GlassPrint, stated, ‘Decoration is a key process in the manufacture of architectural, automotive and hollow glass, and GlassPrint 2023 will unveil the latest trends and developments for enhancing end products, cutting production costs and making processes more efficient.’
Read more about direct-to-object/direct-to-shape printing in the November/December 2022 and January/February 2023 issues of Digital Labels & Packaging, which can be read online here
For more upcoming industry events, see the Digital Labels & Packaging Events diary, online and published in each issue of the magazine